Friday, December 30, 2011

I broke free on Monday :)

My nurse Kelly set up this really cute board for me the first day I got there, it has check boxes to cross off each day that I complete my meds. It was encouraging to see how much farther I had to go, and how much we had already done.  I thought I wouldn't be done till Tuesday, but I finished early on Monday. Such a good feeling to go home earlier than expected.  That day, I brought everything home, presents and all, and unpacked a little. I had to go get a bunch of prescriptions at the store, and then I was pretty drained from the day.  The smallest things now made and make me tired.  Tuesday, we had a friend bringing us over dinner, and were planning on going to bike night which we do each Tuesday with the Combat Ryders in Mission Viejo. They have all become such a strong support system for me as well as Richie.  In prep for "going out" for a quick hello, and having people bring dinner over, I decided a good shower and hair was was needed.  Lets just say, 2.5 hours later I was exhausted.  It took me forever to get dressed, and the best way I can describe the feeling is....imagine you are hiking at a high altitude.  It felt like no matter how many breaths I took, there was no damn oxygen in the room.  My friend Ashley brought us an amazing dinner that night. After a bird portion ( because thats how much I can eat now at once) I was perfectly full and ready for bed. Richie went to see everyone at bike night, and I stayed home to rest. I have had one night with a pretty sever headache, one night of severe nausea, but other that that I feel pretty good. Last night was the first "normal" night I have had at home, and sleeping the night through was AMAZING.  My prior side effects I talked about were from my chemo drugs in the hospital, and a shot called NewLasta they gave me which stimulates my bone marrow to regenerate faster and keep my immune system up during this process.  I got my nails done too, and It made me feel like a new girl.  The first week out of the hospital was definitely different than I expected, but now  I know more about what to expect so  I can recognize these things after the next course in the hospital. I'm excited to say I am cutting my hair today, and donating it to Locks Of Love.  I'll do a shorter cut until it starts to fall out, then it will be shaved off. Im not ok with watching my hair fall out in clumps, so Im taking the high road and beating it to that punch.  Im excited to get a shorter cut for the next week or two though, and my friend Kylee is the only one I trust to do it.  Ill post a pic once I get back home.

1 comment:

mama miller said...

You are the most amazing woman I know, bar none! I am so proud to say you are my daughter because you are gorgeous on the inside and on the outside. Even in the hospital, with an IV pole at your side, you were as cute as a button in your skull robe and pj's. Most importantly, you are an inspiration to all that know and love you that when life throws you a curve, you just accelerate into it and the only way through is is indeed THROUGH IT. You are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people not the least of which is your awesome husband, aka 007. Together you two will come through this a stronger couple and show the world what marriage and commitment are really all about. I love you sweet pea!