Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year, New Goals, and New Hair !!

Happy New Year everyone !! I am so ready to get this year started, and get it handled.  Two days ago, I got my hair cut.  Im donating what extra I chopped off to Locks of Love, which you have probably all heard of. It's an organization that takes hair donations, and makes wigs for deserving patients needing wigs during cancer treatment.  I figured I had so much hair, might as well put it to some good use before I eventually lose it. My doctor said  it will start to fall out soon, and I feel that for me, it will be less traumatic when that happens when my hair is shorter. But beware everyone, when my hair does start to fall out, I'm not fighting it.  I am gonna go with it. I am shaving my head, GI Jane style lol.  Ill probably get a wig or two, for when I am going out and stuff.  I'm so excited that everyone seemed to like my short hair, because maybe now I will get a short wig too. I really love my new hair, and have to say I am a little bummed it is going to go away now.  One thing is for sure, I would probably never have done a hair cut like this without being diagnosed, so this definitely got me out of my comfort zone to try new things. Pleasant surprise, maybe I should try these new things more often. Lesson learned ! Thank you all for all your support. I truly have the best support system :)

3 comments:

Malerie Brown said...

You rock Lisa;) you are such a positive influence on everyone! You are taking it on I am so proud of you! You are so beautiful and I love your hair:)

Angel said...

Very well said Malerie! Lisa I love the hair! You are such a beautiful person! Taking the initiative to help others in need when you yourself are taking it on as well! You are a one in a million! The world would be a better place if there were more of you!

Jessie said...

I think you should totally buy all different types of wigs! short long blonde, red!!!!! i but you rock the shaved look!!!!