Sunday, December 18, 2011

Being outside is the best medicine



Richie, Rhino, Zoey, and I went on a hike today. We went on a trail that took us up pretty high though Mission Viejo, and found about a dozen other trails that we want to do soon.  Since being diagnosed, I have not been to the gym. Bummer. I was working out five days a week up until the day being admitted to Mission Hospital. It has been 5 weeks, and I am going crazy. I want to get as physically healthy and strong as I can during this process.  Today was day #1. Back at the gym this week. Now that all my testing and procedures are completed, I can start back up again my Doc said. Richie said there is a cancer run the second week in January, and it's a 5K. Im going to see if I can do it.  I'd really like to, so I am gonna start training again.  A 5k during all this is a good goal for me to work toward.

3 comments:

AshleyRose said...

Where is this cancer run... 5k? I'm in!

lisa said...

I will ask Richie and let you know. Im pretty sure I can do a 5k, but I havent ran in 6 weeks so time to get back on my treadmil.

Anonymous said...

I'm in too!-Jordan Baichtal