Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas !!!

Merry Xmas and happy holidays to everyone.  This is my 4th day (I think) at Mission Hospital.  No complaints here.  I have had 3 full days of chemo, tonight at midnight will be my 4th full day. Then after the 4th full day of chemo is complete, they push a drug called Cytoxan for a few hours (another drug that treats cancers) and then I will be all set to go home :) So Monday or Tuesday at the latest I think. It's been hard being away from home and from Rhino, but everyone else has been amazing and has come to see me in the hospital. My room is decorated with three little trees, I have flowers, balloons, blankets, pajamas, backpacks, stockings, decorations, and all kinds of yummy snacks. The amount of support I have received has been mind blowing to say the least. Even the support I have received thought messages and texts has been so sweet and thoughtful, and even through the holiday when I know everyone must be super busy with family and shopping. Thank you so much to everyone that has shown support to me, even a small text really has made my day.  My parents , brother, in laws, and husband are all swinging by at some point today to do presents with me. I definitely don't feel stuck in the hospital, if anything, I feel like I am being waited on here. My nurses have been more than amazing, I have had a couple of them on multiple shifts, and had a friend take care of me twice already which has been very comforting.  I am ready to get home now thought. A day or two longer, and Ill get to sleep in my own bed and shower in my own shower. I think I am going to leave my PICC line ( the longer IV) in my arm for the first few chemo weeks and see how it goes. It wasn't super painful to put in, but the less procedures the better for me right now. I did have a lumbar puncture two days ago, where they inserted a small needle and catheter between my vertebra in my lower spine, took out some fluid for testing, put some chemo in there to treat my spinal fluid (just in case) and sent me on my way.  That was a trip. But Im not scared to have that done each time I come in again. Wasn't too bad, so anyone out there contemplating an epidural, my experience was a pretty pleasant one once my fear of the unknown was over.  Im gonna catch up on some Netflix. Any suggestions are always appreciated. Love you all !!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi lisa. I spoke with steve the other day and he informed me of what all was goin on. I know you are full of strength and hope and I truly PRAY that sticks with you throughout this challenge. You're one tough Biatch...I will be praying for you everyday this week at 630pm.
love, kimberly

Sharon K said...

Merry Christmas Lisa. I love your strong n upbeat spirit through this whole thing. We are thinking and praying for you. We are glad that you are able to go home today and be with all your family.

lisa said...

Thank you Kim. Yeah he came to visit in the hospital, and I love the support from my friends in the medical field too. They know what's up and everyone's prayers are working. I finished my first five days of chemo in the hospital with minimal to no side effects which is a blessing. Next time ill be more prepared on how to deal with sitting in a room that long, that was the hardest part. But I had so many visitors it was amazing. Thank you again for all the support !

lisa said...

Sharon-- going home has been so nice. Being around my own stuff, even my appetite picked back up just by having more options to choose from. McDonald's was my first thing I ate lol , and I'm usually an organic eater so I gave my body what it wanted and said " screw it, bottoms up ". Thanks for following my blog, I like being able to be more personal with my friends and family without posting pages of updates on Facebook. Hope you guys all had a great holiday too :)