Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day #1 -- completely handled :)

So as you know, after my consultation with a doctor at the City of hope on Monday, it was advised that I get started with treatment ASAP. Had some yummy breakfast at Bagels and Brew with the in-laws, and headed over to Mission Regional Hospital. This hospital is amazing ! Everyone is always so nice to me. I had some blood drawn right away, and then they put in a PICC line.  This is a line bigger than an IV, that goes from my upper arm (on the inside like an IV), up toward my shoulder, and down my chest into my Vena Cava which is one of the main blood vessels.  Its pretty cool since now I don't have to be repeatedly poked, they can put in my medicine through my line, and even do blood draws from it.  I had a BUNCH of visitors last night which  was great, and i even had some little elfs come and decorate my room. My blog isnt letting me upload pics for some reason, so I will have to post them on my facebook I guess.  Slept so good last night, and today I have an amazing nurse taking care of me. She is a friend of a friend who I have met before, and she is the best from what I hear.  So day one of chemo has been handled, and I am not having any side effects which is awesome.

4 comments:

Liz S said...

Hang in there, girl! The amazing power of everyone's thoughts will bring you strength!

lisa said...

Thank you !! I feel so blessed to have such a great support system

mama miller said...

that's my girl! Her brother texted me a pic of her and she looks amazing....but then of course she always looked beautiful to me :)

lisa said...

thanks mama miller